Location: Wilson Avenue, and Avenues K and L, Newark, NJ
Ruppert Stadium was built in 1926. It was built by the New York Yankees organization and named after its beer baron owner, Jacob Ruppert on a 15 acre plot of land bounded by Wilson Avenue, and Avenues K and L. The stadium was designed by Charles A. Davids. It was built with a seating capacity of 12,000, but on special occasions in its 41-year life was known to have sandwiched in as many as 22,000. Ruppert Stadium served as a home for the ‘old’ Newark Bears in the international League, as well as for the Newark Eagles.